Grandpa #1

On Sunday, August 23, 2009, my dad passed away. It has truly been the hardest thing I have ever had to go thru. I can't believe that my dad is gone. My dad was the kindest, most generous man you would have ever met. I am so sad to think that Brayden will never remember all the wonderful times he had with his Grandpa.



TELL ME, GRANDPA...
Tell me, Grandpa, all about Heaven,
Are there angels everywhere?
Do you see rolling hills of green
And beautiful flowers up there?
Are there t.v. screens in Heaven
That you can watch me on?
Do you hear me say dog and apple
And watch over me 'til dawn?
Can you hear me laughing?
Have you seen me ride my truck?
Have you been able to watch football
Or have you had no luck?
Are there lots of kids like me up there?
Do they have fire trucks, too?
I don't mind sharing you with them,
I'm sure their parents would like that, too!
I sure miss you sharing your ice cream,
And our talks on your chair,
But I miss the most is when you would hold me,
Because it showed me how much you cared!
Was Saint Peter there to greet you,
To lead you through the Pearly Gates?
Was there a line to see Jesus?
How long did you have to wait?
Did you look for your mom and Poppy,
Or were they waiting there for you?
I bet the three of you go golfing
Surrounded by lakes of crystal blue!
Is there ice cream up in Heaven?
If so, how many flavors do they have?
Do you get to eat as much as you want?
If so, I bet you are glad?
Do the angels sing songs of joy
Each time someone new arrives?
Momma says that they celebrate, too,
Each time a newborn cries.
Momma tells me all the time
That you're watching over us,
It makes me so happy to know this
Because I miss you so very much!
Grandpa #1

0 comments: